All refund requests must be submitted in writing by email or fax to our Customer Support Center. As noted below, our refund policies vary by course or program. Also, classes offered by Graduate School USA in conjunction with an educational partner may be subject to different refund policies. The cancellation and/or refund request date will be the date the email or fax was received by the Graduate School. Please allow up to 30 days to receive a refund.
For Daytime Classroom Courses and Scheduled Distance Education Courses:*
You may receive a full refund if the refund request is received more than 14 calendar days before the class or program begins. After that date, you may substitute another participant or transfer to another session, but refunds will not be made.
* This policy applies to any distance education course that has been scheduled with a set start and end date. The policy for other distance education courses is stated below.
To qualify for a refund:
- the written refund request must be received within 30 calendar days of the enrollment date;
- no lessons may have been submitted; and
- all books and materials must have been returned to, and received by, the School in their original condition if the course materials were included as part of the tuition.
Refunds will not be made to any participant withdrawn from a course for failure to complete the course in the time allowed.
Evening and Weekend Courses in Washington, DC
All refund requests must be submitted in writing by email or fax to our Customer Support Center.
The maximum refund amounts for all Evening and Weekend courses are:
- 100% if refund request is received at least one work day prior to the first class meeting
- 90% if refund request is received at least one work day prior to the second class meeting
- 80% if refund request is received at least one work day prior to the third class meeting.
- No refund after the start of the third class meeting.
Nonattendance does not imply that a participant has been withdrawn from a class.
Leadership Development Programs
You may receive a full refund if the refund request is received more than 14 calendar days before the program begins. After that date, you may send a substitute if you cannot attend, or request a partial refund. If you cancel fewer than 14 calendar days before the program begins, there is a $1,000 processing fee for 9- and 12-month programs and a $500 fee for 3- and 6-month programs.